Electronic Muscle Stimulators (EMS) attach to the body and deliver a jolt of electric current to the muscle, causing it to contract involuntarily. Microtrauma (tiny tears in the muscle) can develop over time, which the body will mend to make the power more extensive and robust. According to the FDA, while these devices may increase muscular strength and tone, they cannot create significant changes in the body without corresponding modifications in diet and activity.
EMS Exercises for the Muscles of the Chest
The sternum, collarbone, and upper arm bone all serve as origins for the chest muscles. It is also known as the respiratory support muscle since it aids in breathing. The chest muscles also control the mobility of the arms. If you are a fitness enthusiast, you must be spending hours at the gym to build up your muscles. However, you can now get a bigger chest with EMS Training and the wireless EMS machines at home!
How to Position Muscle Stimulator Pads for Chest Muscle Training?
Important: It’s important to remember not to place the pads directly over or near the heart. The pads should be positioned on the outside chest muscles, far enough away from the heart to be effective.
Push-Ups with EMS Machine: Step by Step
The muscle stimulator pads should be positioned on the outer chest muscles, far enough from the heart to be effective.
1. As illustrated, place the electrode pads on your chest.
2. From your muscle stimulator, select the recommended program.
3. Now, get down on your hands and knees. Make sure your hands are slightly wider than your shoulders as you stand.
4. Extend your arms and legs straight.
5. Bring your body down to the ground. Your chest should be nearly touching the ground.
6. Stay in this position for a second before pushing yourself up.
7. Do the exercise a few times more
EMS Training: Things To Remember
Following are some important suggestions to be taken care of EMS Fitness Training:
- Set EMS Machine to appropriate voltage: To acclimatize your chest muscles to the experience of electronic muscle stimulation, start cautiously and use a low voltage for a short period.
- Start with a small session: If you’re a beginner, setting a target of five to ten-minute sessions once a day is a brilliant place to start. It will take some time to build up your chest, so take it gently and quickly at first.
- Do not pressurise your body strength: To boost your muscle growth, gradually increase the length and duration of the stimulus. Remember that the body’s purpose is to adapt to increasingly challenging settings. So, if you increase intensity too quickly (or start with excessively high intensity), you’ll run out of options for stimulating additional increases.
- Be Slow & Steady: To drive your body to adjust to changing situations consistently, alternate between raising the amount of stimulation and slightly increasing the inspiration period (by five minutes or so) each week.
- Never forget the traditional freehand exercise: For optimal results, combine the usage of a muscle stimulator with traditional free weight and machine resistance training. As per the Food and Drug Administration, while an EMS may promote some muscular growth gain on its own, accurate modifications to your physique can only be achieved with regular exercise. As a result, think of your EMS machine as a supplement to your chest-building routine, not the be-all and end-all.
Electrical muscular stimulation causes muscles to contract more forcefully and clearly than they could voluntarily. It’s worth noting that, thanks to the device’s ability to trigger muscle fibers at different frequencies, we can train fast or slow muscle fibers in a targeted manner. However, it should be noted that this results in an uncoordinated contraction, which does not improve athletic performance in and of itself. Muscle stimulation only produces the desired impact if correctly integrated into the training program and if the medium frequency is used.