Chia seed is one of the favorite ingredients for the dieticians now a days. You can make chia seeds pudding, shake, brownies and different healthy recipes with Chia Seeds.
100 grams chia seeds consume 486 calories with zero(0) cholesterol, 407 mg potassium, 17 gm protein, 34 gm dietary fiber, and total fat 31 gm. They are good source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids with essential antioxidants. Chia seeds can absorb 10 times their weight in liquid. It is prohibited to eat chia seed without soaking in liquid.
So lets jump to the recipe now.
- Milk/Almond milk/Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Chia seeds – 1/4 cup
- Pomegranate (Peeled off) – 20 gms
- Blueberries – 4
- Red berries – 4
- Stone berries – 10
- Basil/Mint leave – 2
Recipe – Chia seeds pudding with berries:
- Mix chia seeds in milk and stir well.
- Keep this mixture overnight in refrigerator to absorb the milk. (You can keep the mixture outside, if you are using water not milk).
- In the morning just cut the berries like blueberries, red berries, etc and top (layer wise) these fruits to the chia seeds mixture.
- Add basil leaves.
- Enjoy your morning breakfast.
Not only berries but you can also add some almonds, walnuts and banana in your recipe. You can make chia seeds pudding with yogurt, orange juice, almond cream, coconut water also. You can also top pudding with the jams, marmalade, oats, chocolates, etc.
It is recommend to use natural fruits’ sweeteners. So, better you avoid taking chia seeds with chocolate, jam and jellies.
Read More: Your Dietary Handbook while Proceeding with EMS Training