A roasted chickpeas cauliflower salad bowl contains lots of ingredients, flavors, and textures. A recipe with chickpeas and cauliflower is a great source of protein, vitamins and minerals for vegans or vegetarians. Chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans or Bengal gram. Cauliflower is rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect you against cancer. So let’s prepare yummy, crunchy, Roasted Cauliflower with Spiced Chickpeas.
Ingredients – Roasted Chickpeas Cauliflower:
Overnight-soaked chickpeas – 50 gm.
Cauliflower – 200 gm.
Pink Salt – 1/2 tablespoon
Smoked paprika – pinch of
Garlic powder – 1/3 tablespoon
Grated ginger – 1/2 tablespoon
Chopped green chilli – 1
Garam Masala/ Tandoor Masala – 1/4 tablespoon
Olive oil – 1/2 tablespoon
Recipe – Roasted Chickpeas Cauliflower
- Pick cauliflower that is bright white in color. Wash it properly and chop it into small florets.
- Heat a pan with olive oil, green chilli, and chopped ginger. Now drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil and seasonings(garam masala, ginger, garlic powder, salt, smoked paprika). Cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid and cook until the cauliflower is tender and browned. Add soaked chickpeas with a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Cook your cauliflower and chickpeas over medium heat for about five minutes, or until they become slightly crispy. Don’t cover it with a lid while cooking.
- You can also add other vegetables like onion and capsicum.
- Now time to turn off your stove.
Don’t hesitate to make a mess and toss the veggies into a bowl of leafy greens like spinach, kale, lettuce, coriander, and parsley. Now enjoy.
You can serve it with hummus or tahini dip.