Khichadi is a simple traditional Indian recipe made with different lentils and rice. A bowl of khichadi is a complete meal in itself. Yellow mung lentil khichadi is full of nutrients and easy to digest. You can try this easy Indian recipe for lunch or dinner. Just load your pressure cooker or pot with all the ingredients and set the timer for your lunch.
Ingredients – Yellow Mung Lentils Khichdi:
Rice – 1/3 cup
Mung Daal (Yellow Mung Lentil) – 1 cup
Asofoetida ( Hing) – 1/2 tea spoon
Salt – 1/2 tablespoon
Ghee (Cow Butter) – 1 table spoon
Cumin seeds – 1/2 table spoon
Green Chilli – 1 fine chopped
Garlic – 2 fine chopped
Spring Onion- 1/4 cup fine chopped
Recipe Yellow Mung Lentils Khichdi:
- Wash rice and lentils properly. Soak it for 30 minutes.
- After that, drain water and combine rice and daal in a pot or pressure cooker.
- Now Add water, salt, turmeric powder, and chopped tomatoes.
- Wait for 3-4 whistles. After that, open your pressure cooker, and now you will get semo-dry consistency.
- Now heat a pan with cow butter, add asafoetida, cumin seeds, chopped spring onion, garlic, and chopped green chilli. Wait till the jeera splutter.
- Now pour this tadka (dressing) over the khichadi.
You can garnish it with coriander leaves and serve with pickle, yogurt, and roasted crust papad.