Lettuce and pita bread salad is very popular in the middle east. Fattoush salad is no different, except that the addition of toasted pita and fresh herbs like lettuce and kale. Pita bread is a middle eastern bread, lower in sodium than normal bread. Fibres-rich pita helps in digestion and weight loss. While lettuce is a high source of Vitamin K and Vitamin A. Lettuce pita bread salad is very helpful for your eye.
- Pita bread- 1
- Chopped Lettuce- 1 cup
- Red Cherry tomato – 4
- Finely chopped ginger – 1/4 tablespoon
- finely chopped garlic – 1/4 tablespoon
- Lemon juice- 1/2 tablespoon
- Olive oil to toast the pita bread(Optional)
- pink Salt – as per taste
- Sliced Red radish – 1
- Sesam seeds -1/2 tablespoon
- Cut pita bread into small pieces.
- Heat the non-stick pan and roast pita bread.
- To make dressing – Whisk olive oil, pink salt, lemon, sesame seeds, ginger, and garlic together.
- Now take a large bowl, add chopped lettuce, cherry tomato, sliced radish and toasted pita bread.
- Pour the dressing and mix them all well.
- Add some mint/coriander leaves and serve.
You can also have greek yoghurt with this salad.